a virtual Mother Brick in honor of your mother, grandmother, or other
caring person who has played an important nurturing role in your life.
Select Dedicate a Brick.
a virtual Mother Brick as a personal expression of your support for the
ideals of a more just society based on nurturing, nourishing,
sustaining and caring for each other and the earth. Select Dedicate a Brick.
3) View tributes, stories, poems and photographs posted by those who have dedicated a Mother Brick. Select
PRINT OUT BROCHURE FOR THE MOTHER BRICK PROJECT. Share with a friend.
MOTHER BRICK POSTING GUIDELINES
1. Suggested maximum of 500 words.
2. In preparing content, please keep in mind the theme of the Mother
Brick Project and the mission of the Women’s Environmental Institute.
Submitted stories, anecdotes, tributes, and/or poetry should be
consistent with the aim of honoring the nurturing spirit and compassion
for others, fostering a culture of caring for each other and the earth.
3. If submitting poetry, indicate line breaks with a forward slash (/),
and note the name of the poet. Original poetry is encouraged. If
poetry is not original, please provide proof of permission for use.
4. Keep in mind that postings will be viewed by others. Content should
not reveal any personal information that you or your honoree would
5. Content will be reviewed by WEI staff prior to posting. WEI will not edit content, but reserves the right to request changes.
6. You are welcome (and encouraged!) to submit a photograph or artwork
to accompany your written submission. Photographs or artwork may be
submitted as a digital file, and must be emailed separately to:
email@example.com. Please put MOTHER BRICK in the subject line, and be sure
to include your full name, along with the date that you dedicated a
Mother Brick using the on-line form. WEI will not edit photos or
artwork, but reserves the right to request alternate images.
7. Mother Brick postings can be updated once a quarter during the last
week in March, June, September or December. Send new text and/or
photos (jpeg only) along with your instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org with
subject line: REVISED MOTHER BRICK. If there are minor edits in the
text that you want to change, please make a copy of the entire text and
send revised copy of the entire text in your e-mail. It is best if you
send the revisions as an attachment. We cannot go into your text to do
micro editing and we cannot accept revisions at any other time of the
year because of considerations for our staff and for the consistency of
the Web presentation.
Questions? Please call (651) 583-0705.